SHOWTIME’s Right Around the Corner!

Savannah Neal

Starting off the 2021 performance season, choir hosts their 19th annual SHOWTIME performance on day Feb22 at 4:30 p.m. and Feb23 at 6 p.m. 

“I feel really excited and prepared for our upcoming performance,” freshman Baron Lockridge said. “Seth Getz and Heather Orr are amazing directors, and I feel they have prepared us very well up to this point and will continue to do so up until the concert. 

For weeks, students have been practicing and learning the dances and songs during class and spending time after school in order to make sure they are fully ready and prepared to give an entertaining show. 

I’m really excited,” freshman Jordan Walding said. “The songs are coming along great, and they sound so good! 

The choir department is made up of 10 different choirs. The Madrigals will be performing Dream On” and Take on Me,” Bel Canto will be performing Hit MWith Your Best Shot,” Wake MUBefore You Go,” and What a Wonderful”. Some choirs will perform their own songs throughout the evening. 

They’re actually really good at what they do, Mr. Getz and Mrs. Orr,” sophomore Kaylee Reich said. “They both teach in a very funny and effective wayand students can really appreciate that.” 

Within the next three weeks, Getz and Orr have packed in three after school rehearsals before the SHOWTIME choir performances, along with solo auditions. Solo auditions for choir students will be on Wednesday, Feb. 3 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. 

“I am super excited,” junior Kennedy Welsh said. “It’s going to be amazing and fun, and I’m sure the audience will love it! The theme this year is ‘songs my parents love,’ so there should be a lot of fun favorites that everyone will enjoy!” 

Tickets to the SHOWTIME performance are $10 each and are available at montgomerychoir.ludus.com 

“We all have fun together, and we take care of each other like we are family,” Lockridge said. “We work towards a common goal of success for each and every one of us.”