Band’s Christmas Performance

Savannah Neal and Savannah Shreve

With the holidays right around the corner, the band hosts their Christmas Concert on Tuesday, Dec 8, at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium. 

Marching band will have after school practice on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays,” freshman Chilam Johnson said“The first half is marching band practice, and the second half is when the whole band comes together for concert practice. I’m looking forward to practice because I really love playing my instrument.” 

Additionally, the band is preparing for the concert by practicing during their class period. They are focusing more on the concert instead of the marching band because marching season is almost over. 

I’m really excited to be playing Phantom of The Opera,” senior Keely Edgar said. It sounds so much better live and I really enjoy the notes.”  

Band will also play The Nutcracker,” and Twas the Night Before Christmas,” along with a few other notable Christmas songs.  

I think the music is sounding really good, junior Sam Fralick said“We’re playing a lot of really fun pieces, and I think it’s going to be really good.” 

This week is busy for band with preparing for TMEA Band Region Auditions in Huntsville on Monday, Dec. 7, the Christmas Concert, playing at the football game on Friday, Dec. 11, and UIL Area Contest in Port Neches on Saturday, Dec. 12. 

“I’m really excited for my parents to come and watch me play,” freshman Jayson Kimberly said. “It’s not really recommended that we stay after because of all the other people.” 

Tickets are free to the concert, but they must be reservedEach person can reserve six tickets through Montgomerytheatre.ludus.com 

“I’ve never been in a high school concert,” freshman Noah Falcon said. “but I think it will be really fun and a great experience.”