HOCO Festivities FriYAY!

With a global pandemic, Homecoming festivities are rescheduled to Friday, Nov.13. The Annual Veteran’s Program will occur during halftime after the crowning of the King and Queen.  

What I’m looking forward to the most is music and maybe seeing my friends,” sophomore Leah Senn said, “I like any excuse to let loose. 

Due to the CDC guidelines, the HOCO pep rally will be at the auxiliary stadium during 4th periodAt 1:40 P.M., students will be sent to the stadium to watch band, the Belles, theater, and cheer perform. 

”I am so excited for the Shin Dig on Friday, freshman Kristine Palma said. 

Student Council is hosting a Shin Dig in lieu of the dance from 3:00 P.M.-5:00 P.M., and after the pep rally, will have Raising Canes, activities, and music performed by 307 Departure and Garrison Nunn. Tickets are being sold for $10.00 at lunches and online through MySchoolBucks.com, and are also being sold at the door for $15.00. 

“I’m excited to see this great game and our possible victory,” senior Tyler Traylor said. 

The football game starts at 7:30 P.M., against A&M Consolidated Tigers. In order to honor the veterans, choir, band, and the Belles will be performing at halftime. Tickets are being sold online for $8.00, check out the link on the MISD Athletics’ page to purchase tickets. 

“Homecoming to me is how I’m going to see the rest of the year.” Senn said, “It kind of affects the outlook of not only my life but the school as a whole.