Kings of the Field

Bryce Russell, Writer

Selected through the process of popular vote, the senior male Homecoming court nominees, all from different organizations, compete for the crown. 

Jackson Giddens is the Head Drum Major in the school band. He is also a member of NHS and is the lead trumpet player.

“I am not exactly sure how I got here,” Giddens said. “I really appreciate the opportunity though.”

Sam Nordstrom

Tre Harden is the wide receiver for the football team. He was voted as both first team all-district wide receiver and defensive MVP in 2019.

“I’m trying to win king,” Harden said. “After that, I win the game, that’s what matters.”

Katelyn Smith

Cole Williamson is from the boys soccer team, and he is a member of the NHS.

“This feels great,” Williamson said. “I am honored to be a part of the team and to be a Montgomery Bear.”

Katelyn Smith

Weston Dean plays second base for the baseball team, and also is the team captain for the organization. 

“It feels good to be nominated,” Dean said. “This is the first school-wide thing that I have been a part of other than baseball.”

Sam Nordstrom

Reid Turner is the Student Council President as well as the State President for all student councils in Texas. Turner has also has done discus & shot put throws for the track team.

“This is a blessing,” Turner said. “It really shows that your peers have respect for you and that really puts you in a leadership role.”

Katelyn Smith

Nick Ensey is representing the NHS and Mu Alpha Theta. He also is the Varsity boy’s basketball manager as well as the Treasurer for the Student Council.

“I am honored that I was nominated by my organization,” Ensey said. “Now my peers have voted for me to be on the court and I can’t wait to be a part of the event.”

Sam Nordstrom

Logan Slezinsky is in his first year of BearTV, and he is a member of Club Impact.

“Honestly it feels amazing,” Slezinsky said. “Knowing that people voted for you to be on the court is cool. I can’t wait to know what it’s like to walk out on the field.”

Katelyn Smith

Vicente Vanegas is from the CCMA, Certified Clinical Medical Assistant Club, as well as the Golden Bear Band.

“This is great,” Vanegas said. “It feels good to represent the senior class and show my pride for Montgomery.”

Sam Nordstrom

The Homecoming King & Queen will be announced at the Homecoming football game on Nov. 13 at halftime.