Second Annual Fields of Faith

Jesee Dunkerson, Writer

Fields of Faith is a student led event where students challenge their peers to read the bible and follow Jesus Christ. The event was held at Misd stadium on October 9, 2019 at 6:30 pm. However, tailgating started at five pm. There were other fun activities going on like corn hole and some kids tossing around a football.
“This was my second time going to fields of faith and I just really enjoyed it,” Senior Kevin Johnson said. “The student speakers had powerful testimonies and made me very grateful for my life and things I have.”
Some of the student speakers were Sophomore Chase Davis, Drew Roberson, Senior Anna Denbigh And Collin Shearer. They spoke on the hardships they have went through and how their relationship with god helped them heal.
“Getting to see my friends from lake Creek at Fields of Faith was great, I don’t get to see them at all.” Senior Reagan Haas said. “Being brought together on a night like this is so refreshing.”
At the end of the event the church volunteers went and spread out on the field offering help and guidance to anyone who needed or want it. Members of the Montgomery Varsity Football team joined in their endzone to pray for their fellow teammates.
“We just thought it would be nice if we went and said a prayer for our teammates,” Johnson said. “We are family.”