Book Club meets for Everything Everything

Colin Jones, Author

Students got to share their thoughts and ideas about their current book Everything Everything in the Academic Success Center during all lunches on Thurs., Jan. 31.

Everything Everything is a love story between Olly and Maddy,” Sponsor Mrs. Stacy LaBruyere said. “However, Maddy has a rare disease and has been forced to live in a bubble.”

LaBruyere and librarian aide Mrs. Joan Parker meet with the students every Thursday, and there is a book club for each lunch so everyone can have the chance to join.

“The next book we will be reading is a dystopian novel called Flawed,” LaBruyere said. “If you were a fan of Hunger Games, you will really enjoy this book.”

LaBruyere has set up group chats for each lunch so students can talk about the book outside of their club meeting.

“I joined book club because I saw how enthusiastic Mrs. Parker was about the current book,” senior Lydia Whaley said. “I also enjoy gaining new perspectives from books I wouldn’t normally read on my own time.”

LaBruyere first started book club when she was the librarian of the junior high.

“I love getting together with students to talk about young adult books,” LaBruyere said. “Over the years I’ve gotten better at finding cool projects for the books.”

LaBruyere said that she has hopes of Book Club possibly being able to Facebook Live with some of the authors that they read.

“If you have a love of reading and you want to talk about it and make new friends, it is perfect for you,”  LaBruyere said.