• April 22NHS Senior Collaring tonight in the auditorium at 6 p.m.

• April 22District School Board early voting begins today at your local polling center until 5 p.m.

• April 22Happy Earth Day!

The Grizzly Growl

Varsity Lady Bears Soccer Ties Game Against Tomball High School

Jenna Karrer, Author

Competing against Tomball High School, Varsity Lady Bears Soccer tied the game on Fri., Jan. 18 at Tomball High School.

“I believe we played to the best of our abilities especially considering the weather and field conditions,” senior Ashton Jilek said.

Not only were the fields wet and cold, but sophomore Zoey Prelli said the Tomball players were “pretty aggressive.”

“I think our opponent was aggressive, but not as aggressive as past teams,” Jilek said.

The Lady Bears scored one goal during the second half of the game by senior Sarah Trotter.

“We made a through ball beautifully to one of our players and she made a one touch shot,” Prelli said.

While the teams tied with one goal, Prelli said they fought hard.

“We played consistently,” senior Alicia Morales said.

Prelli and Jilek said they hope to improve their skills through every game leading to state.

“My goal for this upcoming season is to make it to the state championship,” Morales said.

Prelli said Head Coach Brandi Wilkinson was “impressed” with the plays during the second half.

“Coach Wilkinson knows what we are capable of and always sets high expectations for our next game,” Jilek said.

About the Writer
Jenna Karrer, Staff

This is Jenna's first year on the newspaper staff. Outside of The Grizzly Growl, she actively participates in UIL Journalism, National Honor Society, Health...